Get Your Shoes! Day
Shoes, leotards, skirts, tights, bags
and MDA Company Clothing!
Tuesday, August 13, 2019
(Walk-ins welcome, but appointments taken first.)
Friday, August 16, 2019
Open House for All
(No appointments; walk-ins only.)
CLASS UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS
For the convenience of our parents, Mongan Dance Academy sells all of the required uniforms (shoes, leotards, skirts, tights, and dance bags) to students enrolled in our classes. Samples of our products can be viewed in our on-line store. Please note that the sizes and colors of online purchases of dance attire will be selected when you come to the studio to be fitted. We can special order items as needed.
PRE LEVELS (ages 18 months through 8)
- ITTY BITTY BALLET: Pink ballet shoes, pink tights, and any color of 1- or 2-piece leotard, skirt (optional). Note: If child's feet are too small for ballet shoes, student may wear socks.
- PRE-BALLET 1: Pink ballet shoes, pink tights, and any color of 1- or 2-piece leotard, skirt (optional)
- PRE-BALLET/TAP 2: Pink ballet shoes, black patent tap shoes, pink tights, and any color of 1- or 2-piece leotard, skirt (optional)
- PRE-BALLET/TAP 3: Pink ballet shoes, black patent or slip-on tap shoes, pink tights, and 1-piece leotard in class color (mulberry), skirt (optional)
- BOYS PRE-BALLET: Black ballet shoes ballet, black lace-up or slip-on tap shoes (PB-2 and 3 only), black shorts and black or white shirt
- HIP HOP MINIS:
- Girls-- Tan jazz split-sole slip-on boot, tights, ballet uniform OR shorts/leggings and shirt
- Boys-- Black dance sneakers*, ballet uniform OR shorts/sweatpants and shirt
- PRE-JAZZ/HIP HOP (same as HIP HOP MINIS)
UPPER LEVELS (ages 8 and older)
- BALLET: Pink split-sole ballet shoes, pink tights, 1-piece leotard in class color (see next section for required class color), skirt (optional)
- MODERN: barefeet, convertible tights, ballet uniform OR dance shorts/leggings and shirt
- JAZZ: Tan split-sole slip-on jazz boot, convertible tights, ballet uniform OR dance shorts/leggings and shirt
- TAP: Black slip-on tap shoes, tights, ballet uniform OR dance shorts/leggings and shirt
- HIP HOP: Black dance sneakers* (NO gym/street sneakers), tights, ballet uniform OR dance shorts/leggings and shirt
- BOYS: Black ballet shoes for ballet, black dance sneakers* (NOT gym shoes) for jazz or hip hop, black slip-on shoes for tap, black shorts and black or white shirt
* Gym sneakers CANNOT be worn in place of dance sneakers. These are special, split sole dance shoes that can be purchased at MDA.
REQUIRED LEOTARD COLORS FOR THE FOLLOWING CLASSES:
- Pre-Ballet 3 - mulberry
- Ballet 1 - turquoise
- Ballet 2 - eggplant
- Ballet 3 - teal
- Ballet 4 - black
The basic class leotards MUST be purchased at MDA so colors will all match. They will be worn in some performances, such as The Nutcracker.
There are no required leotard colors for Pre-Ballet I and II, nor the electives (Modern, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop)
REQUIREMENTS FOR HAIR
- Students in Pre-Ballet 3 and Ballet 1, 2, and 3 MUST wear buns. Short hair must be slicked back and off face.
- Students in Pre-Ballet 1 or 2, Modern, Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop must have hair in a bun or ponytail.
- Students with short hair must have it pulled back off face and out of eyes.